Thursday, January 24, 2008

I Paid How Much to Feel This Crappy?

Just kidding. I'm still here. And, thank goodness, still knocked up. I've been miserably sick with "morning sickness" for the past month and a half. It is now finally starting to fade somewhat at 13 weeks. My beautiful little baby has made me really aware of his/her presence.

On a positive side, I got to see the baby yesterday in an amazing ultrasound marathon session. I had to go in for an appointment due to strange jabbing pains in my lower right side. They wanted to see if I had a cyst that was acting up. Well, it turns out that it was just stretching pains. However, the office had just received new ultrasound machines and the tech wanted to play around and see what all she could do. Yippeee! I got to see the most amazing pictures of him/her. You could actually see eyes and ears. I am so in love.

Work is going well. I have managed not to barf in front of my students. For that, I am eternally grateful. A coworker came in my room and told them that I was pg. The way she worded it was: Your teacher has something special growing in her belly. It may make her feel bad from time to time, but it is a blessing. Well, my "gifted" student raised his hand and asked if it was a tape worm. Nice, huh? He actually is gifted and I was amazed that a 9 year old actually thought of a tape worm. I almost wet myself from laughing so hard.

I promise to start updating regularly now that I am over the 12 week mark. I've let myself believe that this is actually going to happen.

1 comment:

Katie said...

First time by - hope you are feeling better.

I am your new clicker for Lost and Found, so I will do my best to pass on your exciting news as it happens!