Saturday, June 2, 2007

Tick Tock

I will not test, I will not test, I will not test . . .

I'm half way through the wait. They called this Wednesday to tell me that only one embie made it to freezing. I have mixed feelings about that. It kind of takes care of the "what will we do with all of the extra frozen babies if this works out" dilemma. However, it also means that if this try doesn't work, chances are even greater that I will have to do the entire process again. I don't' think the success rates for a fet cycle with only one embie are too great.

After so many visits to the re for bw, etc., I am feeling very bored. The school year is out, so I really don't have much to do. I am officially 9 dpr and 7 dpt. I certainly don't feel pg. My bbs are killing me, but I'm chalking that up to the progesterone shots. I have to admit that the shots aren't going to bad. When A did the first one, I was mixed up on which needles to use and he ended up using the long thin one to draw up the med and then using the short thick one to inject it. WRONG! My ass was killing me for 5 days in that spot. Since then, I haven't even felt the needle going in. I ice my but first and then A rubs it afterwards. That is the closest he has come to getting any in quite a while now.

My sister in law and another one of my close friends have announced that they are pg. I am glad for them bc they have both suffered mc's in the past. However, if it turns out that this didn't work for me, I know I'm going to have some trouble being around them. We could have so much fun if we were all doing this together. It will be painful to watch the two of them going through this progress if I'm not with them.

A and I are going to go to Florida for several days this week. We will leave on Monday and return on Thursday. That should help me keep my mind occupied. My beta is Friday morning.

I have found out one thing for sure over the past few weeks:

Me + No Drinking = No Fun

Does this make me a bad person? I guess it can't say much for my personality if I can't have a good time out with friends without having a few beers. I have decided that on the day of my beta, I will have a cold one waiting for me. When I answer the call, I will pop the top. If the answer is negative, I will start the beginning of a drunken weekend. If it is positive, I will take a sip and pass it off to A for a toast.

Since I will pretty much be gone until then, I guess this will be it for now. The next time I post, the waiting will be over.

No comments: