Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I was talking to a coworker about the whole ivf thing. When she heard that I was paying over $15,000 for the meds and procedure she was shocked. Then she said "But this is a sure thing, right? You'll definately get pg with this?" She looked at me like I was insane when I said no. I guess to people who have never dealt with this it does sound a little odd.

On a lighter note, I went to one of those cooking/try-to- get-you-to-pay-$100-for-a-flimsy, nonstick-cookie-sheet party tonight. I was proud of myself for walking out of there without spending a dime. Of course, I did lose 2 1/2 hours of my life that I will never get back. I don't cook. A actually cooks everything. I have cooked maybe 3 meals in the5 years that I have known him. Now, I did manage to get suckered in to buying $2,500 worth of stainless steel cookware about 8 years ago. For a long time, my payments for my cookware were more than my car payment. It does look pretty, though. A hates to cook with it - everything sticks. A few months ago we had a college student come and demonstrate/sell knives to us. We ended up buying a $100 pair of scissors!?!?! I am such a sucker.

I have my "mock transfer" on Thursday. What a funny name. Maybe they could get someone else to sit in for me? I start shots in a week. I can't wait to see what they do to me. My boobs are 3x bigger just being on the bcp. I've already had 3 major emotional meltdowns in the past 2 weeks. That is with being on pr*zac. I can't wait to see how much fun I am to be around when I start adding on even more hormones. I feel like I should just wear a sign around my neck that flashes "Beware: Speak to at Own Risk" I'm glad A isn't one to take things too personally or we might end up in counseling by the time this is over.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Love the idea of the beware sign. I may have to get me one of those.