Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I'm So Strange

Thanks, Nicole for your reassurances regarding the bcp. I am not a crier and I actually started to tear up last night when I thought about the fact that I am not a crier. On Monday, the secretary at our school asked me how I was doing as far as ttc. I told her that things were still the same and her response was "You are trying too hard. I tried for 5 years before I got pg." Now, I love this woman and I know she would pretty much do anything for me. However, I wanted to reach across the counter and smack her in the face. That was my honest-to-goodness thought. Wow - it really startled me. I'm not a violent person. I'm sure she didn't realize that waiting 5 years was not exactly great news for me.

I was going over to my parents house for brunch on Sunday. I was running a few minutes late and A asks me "So, are you going to flip out if they've run out of biscuits when you get there?" As soon as the words were out of his mouth he looked like "Oh SHIT what did I just say?" He meant it as a joke and, thank God, I found it so funny that I choked on my toothpaste. Lucky for my family, they hadn't run out of anything when I arrived.

I received all of my meds in the mail yesterday. Wow, they sure look intimidating. I start injections this weekend. I am one sick puppy to be this excited about shooting up.

On a much more personal note, it has been occurring to me over the past several weeks that A and I have been spend an awful lot of time not having sex in order to have a baby. I've been spotting since starting the pills and today I've really been bleeding. Poor A, I can't wait until he hears that we can't do the deed for the entire 2 weeks after ET (if not longer).

Well, that is enough about me. I'm going to go spend some time throwing the ball with my equally neurotic dog.

1 comment:

niobe said...

You're not strange at all. So many women in your shoes have felt exactly the same way. In fact, I'd like to slap that secretary for you. People just don't think about the effect their words will have on others.