Saturday, May 12, 2007

Why Bother?

A is out of town for the week. I thought I would attempt to clean the house a little. We have hardwood floors throughout the downstairs. They are rather old and hard to keep clean. Not helping matters is our german shepherd. He is an inside dog. We have a doggie door (ok, it is big enough for a five-year-old to stroll through) to allow him to enter/leave at his will. Every time it rains, he tracks in mud. So, after a particularly rainy week, it was looking rough in the house. For those of you with dogs, I'm sure you are aware of just how fascinated they can be with any cleaning utensils. My pooch loves to protect us weak humans from the evil broom and vacuum. So, he spent the hour chasing/protecting me while I attempted to clean around him. Then, he decided to rest for a few minutes right in the middle of the wet floor. Ugh. I'm sure you are asking yourself why I didn't just lock him outside. Well, he chewed/ingested the hard cover to the dog door. If I try to block the dog door with a kitchen chair, he will bark like mad at the door trying to get inside in order to do his duty (protecting me from the evil broom and mop).

My injections are going well. Tonight will be the 4th night taking me.napur, gonal.f, and lup.ron. One of these meds is giving me terrible headaches. I think I am just starting to get used to them. Even as I type, my head is pounding. I've been trying to just sleep through the headaches every chance I get. I go in for more bw and an ultrasound on Monday morning. I still don't know when the actual retrieval will be. I'm hoping for Saturday. That way I won't have to take any time off of work to recover. My last day of teaching will be the following Tuesday, so it really won't matter if I have to take off for the transfer. Only half of my students will show up for the last few days. That should be easy money for a substitute. I'm starting to get excited. At the same time, I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. This week is the one year anniversary of my miscarriage, so I know that things don't always go as planned. I just keep telling myself that a month from now, I could be pg. That seems amazing to me!

Ok, I'm off to take a cool shower and try to sleep off some of this headache. It feels like I did about 50 shots of tequila last night. Ouch!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Nothing like the protection of a German Shepherd. Our GSD seesm to have made close friends with our vacuum cleaner and somehow has come to believe that the vacuum wants his balls. So he drops a tennis ball in front of it everytime I get it out to use it.